There is no point in dwelling on or feeling bad about the aspects of our life that we can’t change.
Who you are becoming is the single most important determining factor in your quality of life, now and for your future.
When you change the way you wake up in the morning, you can change your entire life.
Benefits Of Waking Up Early
- More energy
- Lowers your stress
- Improves health
- Increases productivity
- Gain clarity and confidence to overcome any adversity that holds you back
- Begin living your life’s purpose
Things To Do For Your Morning Ritual
- Sitting in silence
- Harness the power of affirmations
- Exercise – motion creates emotion
If you want your life to be different, you have to be willing to do something different first!
Rising Above Mediocrity
Acknowledge and embrace the fact that if we don’t commit to thinking and living differently than most people now, we are setting ourselves up to endure a life of mediocrity, struggle, failure and regret
Causes of mediocrity:
- Rear-view Mirror Syndrome – believing who we were is who we are.
- Lack of purpose
- Isolating incidents – assuming that the choices we make and the actions we take only affect that particular moment
- Lack of accountability
- Mediocre circle of influence
- Lack of personal development
- Lack of urgency to improve yourself
Start doing things differently from TODAY
You Snooze, You Lose
When you delay waking up to the last minute by snoozing your alarm, you’re resisting your life and creating negative energy for the rest of the day.
- Set your intentions before bed
- Move your alarm clock across the room
- Brush your teeth and splash water on your face
- Drink a glass of water
- Do some morning exercise
- S for Silence – you can learn more in an hour of silence than you can in a year of books. Meditation, prayer, reflection, deep breathing, gratitude
- A for Affirmations – your self-talk has dramatic influence on your level of success in every aspect of your life
- V for Visualisation – create mental images of specific behaviours and outcomes by using your imagination
- E for Exercise – boosts energy, enhances health, improves self confidence and emotional well-being
- R for Reading – regular reading can increase knowledge on any topic
- S for Scribing – it means writing. Journal your thoughts and ideas
If you have a busy day or if you can’t find time in your schedule, then invest a minimum of 6 minutes for your morning ritual.
Minute 1: instead of rushing carelessly into your hectic day, spend the first minute in silence. Calm your mind, relax your body and try to meditate
Minute 2: read your daily affirmations out loud
Minute 3: close your eyes and visualize the day going perfectly and see yourself accomplish your goals
Minute 4: write down things that you’re grateful for, and proud of
Minute 5: read a book for a minute and learn a new idea
Minute 6: spend the last minute for exercising
Successful people aren’t born that way. They become successful by establishing the habit of doing things unsuccessful people don’t like to do. The successful people don’t like doing these things themselves; they just get on and do them. –Don Marquis
Unbearable To Unstoppable
Our quality of life is created by the quality of our habits.
If you don’t control your habits, your habits will control you.
Days 1-10 : UNBEARABLE PHASE
First 10 days of implementing any new habit or ridding yourself of any old habit is the hardest and almost unbearable. But the pain is temporary.
Days 11-20 : UNCOMFORTABLE PHASE
Next 10 days will be slightly easier but still uncomfortable and will require your discipline and commitment.
Days 21-30 : UNSTOPPABLE PHASE
The final 10 days are when the transformation occurs, as your new habit becomes part of your identity.
From the book:-
The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod