I’ve done four agreements with myself. If you want to be successful in every aspects of your life, make these agreements with yourself.
BE IMPECCABLE WITH YOUR WORD
- Speak with integrity.
- Say only what you mean.
- Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others.
- Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.
DON‘T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY
- Nothing others do is because of you.
- What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream.
- When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
DON‘T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS
We often jump to conclusions and make assumptions that are wildly wrong. When you have trouble understanding something, you assume you know what it means. When things become clear, you can see that it means something else entirely.
- Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want.
- Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama.
ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST
- Your best is going to change from moment to moment, it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick.
- Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
From the book:-
The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz